You are hereArticles / Brightness and Contrast Adjustment
Brightness and Contrast Adjustment
This text will guide you through a few simple steps to adjust brightness and contrast controls of your LCD monitor.
For comfortable viewing and best picture quality on your LCD monitor, please follow the steps below. Adjusting brightness and contrast controls correctly is simple, but it can drastically increase the picture quality and alleviate the strain on the eyes while using the monitor for prolonged periods of time.
Adjusting the contrast
- Increase the contrast to the maximum
- Reduce the contrast until you can notice TWO rectangles in the box on the right.
Adjusting the brightness
- For normal illumination (well-illuminated rooms)
- Take a piece of white paper and compare it's brightness to the brightness of this web page (or use this link).
- Adjust the brightness control so that the white background color of this web page has approximately the same brightness as the piece of paper
- For low illumination (dimly lit room)
- Click on this link to display a white background. If the window of your browser does not stretch over the whole monitor surface, maximize it.
- Change the brightness control so that the monitor
- is comfortably bright
- you are not squinting
- the white color is not too intensive
- the white color does not hurt
You should change the brightness of your LCD monitor depending on the environment illumination. The brighter the environment is, the brighter the monitor should be.